The ULTIMATE Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Why pick between raspberry pie, brownies, and cheesecake when you can have all three in one decadent & delicious dessert!
I am so excited to share my favourite *and most highly requested!* Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies recipe with you!! This simple recipe combines sweet & tangy raspberries, creamy cheesecake and my fudgy brownies to create the ultimate trifecta of summer flavours! Better than any box brownie recipe, these brownies are a sure crowd pleaser for any occasion!
To make this recipe you will need:
- Sugar (granulated)
- Cocoa (unsweetened, dutch processed)
- Butter (melted!)
- Cream Cheese
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- **Baking essentials: Vanilla extract, salt
Let’s make the Ultimate Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies!
For brownie mixture:
Start by preheating your oven to 350F (325 convection bake). Line a 9″ x 9” pan with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, and cocoa. Add eggs, vanilla, and flour. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
For cheesecake Mixture:
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk. Mix until mixture is creamy and smooth. Set aside.
For Raspberry Mixture:
In a small bowl, mix fresh or frozen raspberries with sugar and set aside.
Spread ½ of the brownie mixture on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
Add dollops of the cream cheese mixture and remaining brownie mixture until baking pan is filled.
Use knife to create swirls in mixture and add spoonfuls of raspberry mixture on top of swirled brownie mixture. Finish by placing a few whole raspberries on top of brownies.
Bake at 350F for ~ 40 minutes. A toothpick will come out with slightly wet dough and edges of pan will be firm to the touch. Let brownies cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan. Cool brownies completely on a flat surface or in the pan.
Cut and Enjoy! (or chill cheesecake brownies in the fridge for a few hours and then enjoy as a chilled snack!)
The Ultimate Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa unsweetened, dutch processed
- 2 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 package Cream Cheese (8 oz or 250g) softened, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk large
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen/thawed) plus a few extra whole raspberries for topping!
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9" x 9” pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For brownie mixture – In a large bowl, start by whisking together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Add eggs and vanilla. Whisk. Add flour and salt. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
- For cheesecake mixture – In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla, mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- For raspberry mixture – Mix fresh or frozen raspberries with sugar and set aside.
- Spread ½ of brownie mixture onto bottom of lined baking pan.
- Alternate between adding dollops of brownie and cream cheese mixture to different areas of the pan. Continue until pan is filled.
- With a knife, gently create a swirl pattern throughout the mixture.
- Add scattered spoonfuls of raspberry mixture on top of swirled mixture.
- Finish by placing a few raspberries on top of brownie mixture.
- Bake at 350F (or 325F convection bake) ~40 minutes. Brownies will be firm at the edges and slightly wet in the centre. (Note: These brownies will continue to cook once you remove from oven so slightly wet dough on a toothpick while the mixture is firm at the edges).
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Brownies can be let to cool completely on a flat surface or in baking pan.
- Cut and Enjoy! (or chill cheesecake brownies in the fridge for 1-2 hr – then serve)
- Don’t have raspberries? No problem – These brownies can also be made with dollops of raspberry jam. Baking time may be ~5 minutes less.
- Chopped chocolate and a dusting of powdered sugar are a fun way to make these brownies even more elegant!