Chewy. Gooey. Delicious. These brownies are decadent, fudgy in the middle, crackly on top, and loaded with lots of chocolatey goodness. A chocolate lover’s best friend!
Looking for a versatile brownie recipe that is luxurious on its own while also perfectly paired with your favourite ice cream, caramel or fruit sauce? This is the recipe for you!
These brownies are one of my go-to dessert recipes that is quick to whip up and a sure crowd pleaser. They are better than any boxed brownie recipe you will find and you likely already have all of the ingredients that you will need at home.
There is no electric/stand mixer needed here – only 2 bowls, a whisk, and a spoon/spatula for folding!
For detailed measurements and instructions, please see the full recipe at the bottom of the page. To make this recipe with me, follow along below!
Let’s make some fudgy brownies!
Start by preheating your oven to 350F. Line a 9×9″ Pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix melted butter with sugar, and cocoa powder (Sifted).
Add vanilla, and eggs to your mixture. Mix until combined.
In a separate small bowl, combine flour, espresso powder (optional – for added chocolate richness) and salt. Whisk to aerate the mixture.
Combine flour mixture with butter/egg mixture until evenly mixed and a thick, glossy paste is formed.
Fold in your chopped chocolate pieces!
Spread mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes (23 minutes for my oven).
These brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. The edges will look dry and the centre will look slightly underbaked – that is your signal to take them out of the oven!
Allow brownies to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, until the brownies are firm enough to be lifted by the parchment onto a cooling rack, to cool completely.
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup Cocoa sifted
- 2 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Flour All-purpose
- 1/2 tsp Espresso powder (Optional) *for extra chocolatey richness!
- 1/2 tsp Salt Kosher
- 1 cup Dark and Milk Chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 9”x9” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix melted butter with sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add vanilla, and eggs to your mixture. Set aside for a moment to prepare the flour mixture.
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, espresso powder (optional) and salt. Whisk to aerate the mixture.
- Combine flour mixture with butter/sugar mixture until evenly mixed and a thick, glossy, paste is formed.
- With a spoon or spatula, fold your chopped chocolate pieces into the mixture.
- Add brownie batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. (Mine were perfect after 23 mins)
- Try not to over bake these brownies!
- These brownies will continue to bake once removed from the oven and will become cake-like if in the oven for too long. You are looking for wet crumb on a toothpick inserted into the centre.
- If making this recipe in a 8×8” pan – bake for 25-30 minutes.
- This recipe freezes well stacked between sheets of parchment in an airtight freezer bag.